Works For Me Wednesday, which is hosted by WeAreTHATFamily, is having a theme this week – Best Summer Recipes!
It is HOT here in Florida! It is almost always hot here in Florida!
(Almost always – did you know that it actually froze a few times in January of this year? Bugs actually died! It was cool!)
Anyway, I just got done researching easy summer meals that I could make for my family without making my kitchen hotter than my backyard! I am certainly not promising that these are all fabulously healthy meals, but they don’t require an oven. That’s what’s important to me at the moment!
Lunch & Dinner
- Egg Salad Sandwiches
- Cheese and Crackers with Sausage and Side Salad
- BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Ravioli / Spaghetti
- Tortilla Rollups
- Tacos or Taco Salad
- Potato Salad (yes, it can be a whole meal! Add some bacon and ham, cheese, some onion, apples and whatever else you like and dig in!)
- Balsamic Tomato Salad
- Coucous Salad
- Broccoli Salad with Ham Chunks
- Joy’s Peanut Butter and Chocolate Protein Balls (lunch or snack)
- S’mores Pudding (Chocolate pudding topped with graham crackers and marshmallows! My kids adore this!)
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
- and many others! (trying to lose weight, so I couldn’t even get out my dessert recipes or I’d hopelessly falter!!)